Understanding how hair grows & what causes hair to thin is key to understanding how the MR. Jamie Stevens range can work for you. We would like to help you understand how hair thins and teach you about a special ingredient included in the entire MR. range that helps combat the rate of hair loss, in this handy guide.
Why does hair thin?
Your hair is full of a protein called keratin, this is made in hair follicles in the outer layer of skin. As follicles regenerate hair cells, old and existing cells are being pushed out through the surface of the skin; this is usually at a rate of roughly six inches per year. The hair you can see coming out of your hair is, in fact, a string of dead keratin cells. The typical adult head has about 100,000 to 150,000 hairs and leaves behind up to 100 of them in a day. Loosing a few on your pillow or in your brush is not cause for concern. It is also important to understand that each hair follicle is independent to each other and goes through its growth cycle at different times; such as an active growth cycle and a resting cycle.
About 85% of men will have major hair thinning by the time they’re 50. Some guys start to lose theirs before they turn 21. But what makes us lose our hair at a faster rate?
- There’s a clear link between lighting up a cigarette and how fast male-pattern baldness gets worse. So, if you’re looking for one more good reason to quit, add early hair loss to the list.
- Almost all hair loss in guys results from male-pattern baldness, a genetic trait that comes from your parents.
- With male-pattern baldness, a hormone called DHT causes hair follicles to shrink. Eventually, they get so small that no hair can grow in them.
- Too much vitamin A or not enough protein in your diet.
- Illness or stress can lead to sudden, heavy shedding called telogen effluvium.
How can MR. Jamie Stevens help you?
We use a little something we crafted ourselves called, System-PPX™. It is a thickening peptide that has been expertly blended for the MR. system and is included in each product to help keep hair thicker, fuller and stronger for longer. For the best results we recommend using MR. Thickening Treatment for direct results. MR. Thickening Shampoo helps promote thicker, stronger hair that’s resistant to breakage when used in conjunction with MR. Thickening Conditioner. How does it do this, you ask? Well, we shall tell you. Hold tight.
System-PPX ingredients breakdown
Included in the system are dual active peptides named, Pea Peptide and Hexapeptide-11. These help to:
- Strengthen the scalp skin matrix, promoting thicker and more hydrated hair.
- Enhances the anchoring function of the hair follicle, making hair more resistant to breakage.
A complex of rather spectacular ingredients such as Alpha Hydroxyl Acids, Green tea, Sugar beet and Betaine all help to do the following:
- Promotes cell renewal making hair more resistant to fallout.
- Energises follicles helping to strengthen the scalp matrix.
- Rich in protective antioxidants.
Finally, these very basic ingredients including wheat, corn and soy amino acids help to:
- Provide moisturise and help hair retain its natural strength.
Get in touch!
Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] for more information on how our products work and may help you.